Infants and toddlers add a source of pleasure and happiness to a household, but they are quite prone to accidents. They’re in a stage where they can walk around and explore, but they are not really conscious of risks around them. That is why it’s the responsibility of the parents or guardians to be certain the homes toddlers and babies reside in are safe and child-friendly. Here we’ll look into a few of the frequent accident places in the home and discuss how it is possible to make them safer for your children.
The staircase is the very first one which you should inspect. The danger of becoming careless when using stairs needs no excuse. Even adults readily get hurt when they move down and up the stairs recklessly. Along with the injuries from stair-related accidents are often severe. Here are some ways to produce stairs safer.
· Adding a slip-proof mat on individual steps
· Adding a soft rubber mat on the exact spot where the stair finishes on the bottom to reduce injury
· Teaching children stair safety
– stair grips
Electricity is important for our modern society, but they’re not supposed to come into contact with human skin since they can cause fire accidents. Most adults know better than to poke their bare hands inside an electrical outlet, but not children. One of the typical causes of child injuries is electrocution. So in case you have kids, make sure that your electrical outlets are secure.
· Installing power outlet covers help a whole lot in keeping your child safe particularly if the outlet is not used.
· Covering sockets with furniture so It’s difficult to reach by kids
· Renovating the house to transfer outlets higher beyond the reach of children
The danger in the bathroom is falling. Young and older people can fall prey to the absence of friction caused by wet tiles. But occasionally, there is no way around it. Bathroom tiles can get wet and slippery. Here’s what you can do.
· Place anti-slip plastic or rubber mats on the bathroom floor
· Change the tiles with anti-slip tiles during renovation.
· Add a soft pillow onto the corners of the sink along with rubberized cushion on the toilet seat to steer clear of injuries.
· be sure the soap is kept in the tray so it doesn’t inadvertently fall off and cause an incident.
The kitchen is the place where you cook your meals, but it isn’t the place for kids to be alone independently. Regrettably, they do occasionally come to the kitchen and play with anything they can find there including knives, forks, and other sharp objects.
· be certain that the oven has child safety features so they can not open it and come inside.
· Safe knives in high places so kids can’t reach it.
Kids are curious because of them everything is new, an adventure, but the cabinets and shelves are not areas for them to attempt to climb. Make sure that the cabinets and shelves are fastened by the wall behind so they won’t drop down in case a child does climb up on them. The corners of chairs and tables as well should have cushions if a kid hits their head.
By child-proofing your home, and knowing what do opossums eat, you may rest assured that your children can enjoy growing up without getting to accidents, which can put their lives in danger.