Although, there has always been, some degree of partisanship, when it comes to American politics, in recent times, we have to wonder, and consider, why has our politics, become, so progressively, PARTISAN? In the past, politicians disagreed, contended, and perceived things differently, however, in the huge majority of cases, hunted, to seek, a meeting – of – the – minds, for the common good, which seems lacking, these days! Chris Matthews’ first book discussed, how, Speaker of the House, O’Neill, and President Reagan, who had been on nearly opposite poles of the political spectrum, stayed, friends, despite those differences, which allowed the possibility of making a deal, for the sake of the country. We appear to be witnessing, now, a period, where this debate, has become private, as well as political, and, instead of the typical empty rhetoric and claims, has brought with it, a polarizing, negative, vitriol, which seems to make common ground, almost unachievable. With that in mind, this article will try to briefly, consider, analyze, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic strategy, how this affects us, and why we want a return, to open discussions, and some possibility of bi – partisan, compromise.
1. Priorities; coverage; public: Although many will always disagree, there should be certain, fundamental priorities, which they can agree on. These should be based on strengthening the freedoms, rights, and liberties, mentioned, implied, and, supposedly, ensured, by our Constitution. Unfortunately, even in these areas, the unprecedented, vitriol, and appeal to the, them, mindset, has made, attaining necessary, quality public policy, nearly unachievable!
2. Attitude; ability; attention: We want leader, with a true, positive, can – do, mindset, who seek solutions, as opposed to making empty promises! Our President, is reported, to be reluctant, and not ready to, develop the aptitude, and skill – set, which might make him better equipped! Beware of, where a politician dedicates all his attention!
3. Relevant; realistic; rationale/ rationale: We should be concerned, when over one – third of the American people, supports somebody, who proceeds, with the motto, Make America Great Again, rather than seeking a relevant, realistic approach, and workable solution! Examine someone’s rationale, in explaining their rationale, and focus upon, whether it is in the best interests of all Americans!
4. Timely; true; tendencies: Beware of the good old days, approach, because times change, and we need leaders, ready to evolve, with an open – mind, and the strength to introduce timely plans, and proposals! When fact – checkers proclaim, our President has made significant misstatements, over six times, per day, rather than articulating a true, focused message, and taking advantage of significant trends, our system needs fixing!
5. Ideas; ideology; creativity; Alamo Heights Wildlife Removal, integrity: This is the time for quality ideas, which align with the core ideology, which America has ever represented! As opposed to electing the same – old, same – old, politicians, we will need to be led, by individuals, with relevant imagination, and a commitment to absolute integrity!
6. Service; system; sustainable solutions: Unless/ untilour leaders emphasize service to those they represent, rather than only, their own personal/ political agenda, and self – interest, we will challenged, to proceed, using a system, which will bring forth, a truly, sustainable solution!
7. Articulate: Often, the difference between, moving forward, and lackluster leadership, is electing individuals, who articulate a positive, unifying message, rather than a polarizing, adversarial one!
Enough of the PARTISAN bickering, and let’s try, to see the perspective of those we disagree with, and seek, a meeting – of – the – minds, for the common good!